FULL ADDRESS OF CURRENT PREMISES:
Walton Community Hospital
NEW TELEPHONE NUMBER:
FIRE BULLETIN 06/09/17 14.25pm
The situation remains as in our bulletin 22/08/17. We are actively working with NHS Property Services and North West Surrey CCG on our plan to move back to Weybridge in portacabins later in the year.
Flu: We will be holding our flu clinics in St James’ Church Hall as normal. We will be advertising appointments for these soon.
Please be advised the Treatment Room telephone number has been updated to 01932 414247. Please do not use any previous telephone numbers you hold as you will not get through.
Thank you again for your continuing patience and co-operation.
FIRE BULLETIN 22/08/17 10.55am
Following the devastating fire in July we are now temporarily established in Walton Hospital and managing to provide a relatively normal service. We would like to thank all our patients for their understanding while we have been re-establishing our service.
Whilst we are now offering almost all of our normal services we would like to emphasise that we have fewer clinical rooms than we had in Weybridge, fewer telephone lines and very reduced administrative space. We are hoping to move back onto the Weybridge site later in the year but until then we regret that patients are likely to encounter more difficulties reaching us by telephone, to wait a little longer for an appointment than usual, and all administrative tasks other than repeat prescriptions are likely to take longer to process. Our staff are all working hard to manage the demand within our resources.
Please use on-line services and e-mail wherever possible particularly for booking routine appointments and for requesting repeat medication and routine administrative services.
Thank you for your patience and co-operation.
FIRE BULLETIN 03/08/17 12.05pm
– We are now seeing patients for all routine GP appointments as usual.
– We are offering most practice nurse services, such as smears and blood pressure checks, however if we cannot accommodate for certain appointments patients will be contacted to cancel their appointment.
– We are not able to offer minor op appointments for the foreseeable future. Patients who have appointments booked for these will unfortunately have to be cancelled. Please keep checking our website for updates on these services.
– We cannot offer appointments for Cryotherapy (wart and verruca freezing) at the present time. Patients can book appointments to speak to the doctor for advice on how to treat warts and verrucas but currently we do not have the facility to freeze them.
– We have a new phone number that is accepting incoming calls. This is: 01932 414248.
– Our phone capacity is still very limited, so please bear with us. This will be the same situation for the foreseeable future. If you have access to online services we are encouraging patients to use this service where possible. We are also encouraging patients to use our email address to contact us for non-clinical issues. This is firstname.lastname@example.org
– We are currently having issues obtaining travel vaccines following the fire, compounded by a national shortage of some vaccines. We hope to resume a normal service in the next couple of weeks, however if any patients need vaccinations urgently, they can visit local travel clinics outlined below:
– CHURCH PHARMACY: 99 Queens Road Weybridge KT13 9UQ, 01932 842632
– GLOBAL HEALTH TRAVEL CLINIC: 2nd Floor West Byfleet Health Centre Maderia Road West Byfleet KT14 6DH, 01932 943002, www.globalhealthtravelclinic.co.uk
– PRIME HEALTH: 1 Brooklands Road Weybridge KT13 OTJ, 01932 943002, www.prime-health.co.uk
– Superdrug Guildford
– Robens Centre Guildford
– Nomad Clinics London: www.londontravelclinic.co.uk
FIRE BULLETIN 18/07/17 2.00pm
The level of service that we can offer to patients is increasing day by day. However, we are not expecting to reach full capacity for several more weeks.
– We are now able to see patients for routine doctor appointments. However we are not yet able to see patients for practice nurse appointments until we have a full stock of vaccines and equipment.
– If you have an upcoming appointment and have not yet been contacted to cancel this appointment, please assume this is still going ahead. All appointments are now being held at BURWOOD WARD IN WALTON COMMUNITY HOSPITAL ON RODNEY ROAD. Please be aware we may still be contacting patients to cancel appointments for this week.
– Our telephone capacity is increasing but we are currently far from normal level. Please bear with us as we try to respond to calls and messages. If you are able to contact us by email this is more easily managed than a telephone call. Our email address is email@example.com.
– We now have capacity to print off prescriptions. However, these would need to be collected from our current premises in Walton. If patients prefer they can visit a local pharmacy in Weybridge to set up a nomination, then they will be able to collect their prescriptions from there as they will be sent electronically.
– We currently do not have the facility to send or receive faxes. We are hoping to have faxing capabilities by the end of next week. If information can be sent to us by email in the meantime, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FIRE BULLETIN 17/07/17 10.30am
We are in the process of setting up at Burwood Ward in Walton Community Hospital and continue to offer an emergency triage service.
– Routine appointments for today have been cancelled and we will continue to update when we know the feasibility of appointments later in the week.
– We are arranging baby immunisations as a priority.
– Travel immunisations have been cancelled, if you are needing any vaccinations urgently, please go to Church Pharmacy on Queens Road (01932 842632), Global Health Travel Clinic in West Byfleet Health Centre (01932 943002), or Prime Health on Brooklands Road (01932 504999).
– Please only phone if your issue is an emergency as we only have one phone and we are struggling to keep up with the messages.
– Unfortunately a few paper records of newly registered patients were destroyed in the fire. The majority of our records are stored off site, please be reassured that more than the last 10 years of records are stored electronically, therefore we still have access to these.
– We remain unable to print prescriptions. We encourage our patients to register for electronic prescriptions at a local pharmacy, who can then request these directly for you.
Paperwork for referrals, insurance work etc:
– Unfortunately some paperwork in preparation was also lost in the fire. If you are awaiting a private referral letter, or reports for insurance etc, you will need to contact us again to re-request this. Please be reassured that all NHS referrals are processed electronically so these should be unaffected. If you are expecting an appointment and you have not heard after 4 weeks please get back in touch.
We would like to thank our patients for all their offers of support and patience at this difficult time. As you can imagine the situation is changing quickly so please check this website for regular updates.
FIRE BULLETIN 13/07/17
We will continue to keep our website up to date with the latest news. Staff have been working really hard to put contingency plans into place quickly, and we would ask that you bear with us during this difficult time.
Following the recent fire at Weybridge Hospital, which has left the building completely destroyed, more permanent accommodation for our practice has now been secured in Burwood Ward at Walton Hospital, Rodney Road, Walton on Thames for the foreseeable future. Please ensure you call us on the numbers provided below before making a visit to our new accommodation as we are not running our usual services. Over the next few days this will be a more limited service, including wound care, and we expect to be offering most services as normal from early next week.
For booked appointments, we will be calling/texting patients to confirm whether or not your appointment is able to go ahead as planned; for those less urgent appointments, we will rebook your appointment at a later date, and will be operating a triage system to determine patients with the most need. Please try to use alternative services wherever possible; you can get help and advice from NHS 111, your local pharmacist or if you need to see a healthcare professional you can use the Walk-in Services at Woking or Ashford Hospitals. We would urge people to think carefully about attending A&E unless you have a real emergency as services are likely to be particularly difficult during this time.
You are still able to call us using the practice’s usual telephone numbers on 01932 826025; 01932 826023. Please can we ask for your patience if you do need to call the practice as calls may take a while to be answered. We are only able to run a skeleton service for the next few days however, we would ask patients to only call if your need is urgent.
– If your usual chemist was Lloyds in the Health Centre please contact The Pharmacy on 01932 847868, Boots 01932 842738 on Weybridge High Street, Church Pharmacy on Queens Road 01932 842632 or Oatlands Pharmacy on Oatlands Drive 01932 842171.
– Any prescriptions or medication lost in the fire CAN be duplicated as the chemists have access to the electronic information.
– For new requests please contact your usual pharmacy who will be able to order prescriptions electronically for you.
– We are continuing to offer repeat prescriptions; please only urgent prescriptions at this time.
Current services being offered:
– EXTENDED HOURS: Due to the fire incident we are unable to provide our extended access clinics. The service will be resumed as soon as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience. OUR OPENING HOURS FOR THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE WILL BE MON-FRI 8.30am – 6:30pm. NO SATURDAY CLINICS ARE BEING OFFERED AT THIS TIME.
– We are currently only offering a doctor triage telephone service with hopes that a near normal service will resume from Monday 24th July.
– For the treatment room please call 07738 263092. They are only offering urgent blood tests for Church Street patients.
Walk in centre:
– The Walk in Centre has not moved with us. Please consider using the nearest NHS Walk in Centre for any minor illness or injuries. These are located at Woking Community Hospital and Ashford Hospital. They are open from 8am – 8pm every day.
Weybridge Hospital Help Line:
– Any patients who have been affected by the fire can call the Weybridge Hospital Helpline on 0203 297 7252, for updates on the service we are currently operating.
– Please be aware we are now situated in a residential area. Please be respectful when parking.